Monday, March 9, 2009

Gloomy Day of Taxes


As I have mentioned before on here, Mondays are my day off. Usually they are fantastic. Today... not so much. It did have a few highlights, such as sleeping till 11:30, and eating some OK Joes BBQ for dinner. But overall it was a pretty blah day. It was overcast all day, and I was really hoping to get a round of disc golf in. Today was the first day of spring league which I had been looking forward to. But then it started raining. So, I decided I would do something that needed to be done. Taxes. Ahhh! What a pain. I wish there was a better system that the government could come up with. Being the thrift people we are, I did them myself instead of having someone else do them. There is a website that i used last year that held all my info for this year, so it was a bit easier. But it still took me a good 4 hours or more. Its during taxes that we realize how unorganized we really are. But I finally got them done. Last year we got like $100 buck back for federal and had to pay 230 for state. This year we had to pay 450 for state, but we are getting back 1150 for federal. So that is good news. We are going to get money instead of paying money! Hoorah! So that was a little bright spot in the mundane work of taxes.
Unfortunatly the day didn't get any better after that. Julie started doing laundry and about 15 minutes later we hear a loud gurgling noise coming from downstairs. Our water was backing up and not draining so our laundry room was starting to fill with water and suds. So that means we have a plumber coming tomorrow morning to try and fix the problem. Good thing we are getting some money back! And to add to it all, it has continued to poor all night. And our upstairs window in the kitchen has a nice leak in it. They say when it rains it pours. I am experiencing that two fold today, literally. But I know that the sun is going to come up tomorrow and it will be a new day. Full of new problems and solutions. Highs and lows. And more of what God has in store for me.

No comments: