Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Goals

Today is June 1st and summer is in full swing. I have been waiting for summer since it dropped below 50 degrees several months ago. Now that it is here I am starting to look at my calendar and hope that I have time to enjoy it. Around the 1st of March I started making a list of summer goals. Things I wanted to do, to live, to be about, this summer. So I wanted to share that list in hopes of inspiring anyone else who is reading this (anyone?) to do something this summer. I realized while looking at the list that there are a lot of things on this list. So I am going to put down a top 10 of the things I really want to happen this summer and then the rest will kind of just be add ons for what I hope to do. Some things are big adventures, some are small little adjustments, and others are just life changes I want to make. Enjoy.

1. Solo Camping Trip - Just for a day or two I want to go out into nature and just be one on one with it. 
2. Have a meal with a homeless person - After reading Under The Overpass, I am inspired to do more of this kind of stuff. 
3. Go Cliff Jumping - I don't know where to go. But this sounds like a blast.
4. Go to more concerts - I think it would be great to go to some concerts of bands I have never heard of, and also attend a hip hop concert. Even if I stick out like a white guy at a hip hop concert. 
5. Take my wife on a random adventure - Not sure what this would be, maybe just an afternoon or maybe a day or two spontaneous vacation.
6. Be Missional - This could mean a lot of things, but I would like to start serving those in need somehow, be it at a rescue mission or just on my own. 
7. Scream at the Top of my lungs - I'm sure this will feel really great.
8. Start Mountain Biking - I bought a good mountain bike, now I have to use it for what it was built for. 
9. Make new friends - I don't mean make new acquaintances. I want to develop some honest friendships. 
10. Picnics with my wife - I really just want to spend my entire summer spending time with her. But its good to have a plan of something to do together. Maybe that will be my next list.
Here are some of the other things I have on my list. Some of them may not make sense or they may seem silly, but i don't care. So there.
Read More, Start writing a story, start living a story, live dangerously, take some chances, Try something I don't think I can do, go fishing, spend a night on the streets with the homeless, choose a masters program, run 10 miles in one outing, get a tan, start conversations with complete strangers, take a nap outside in the grass, be at peace in nature, watch less tv, sell the tv, reconnect with old friends, learn some new songs on guitar, start playing piano, make money doing a job that is tough, start doing yoga, put a list of original songs together.
As you can see they are all pretty random, but I think they are all good. Feel free if you see me to say, have you been doing these things? And if you live close by, feel free to join me in some of them. I hope that you will also make the most out of your summer. 

1 comment:

abby! said...

I love this list! I liked you before, even loved you, and thought you were awesome... but you just got EVEN MORE AWESOME! This is a great list...

I would like to join you on many of these things. Especially going to random concerts. Let's do it!