Friday, February 13, 2009

Bluegrass...

I know it may not be a normal thing, but the more I listed to it the more I am starting to think that bluegrass may be my favorite music genre. I love music so I can't say that it has my full allegiance but its close. I went to Knuckleheads last night with a guy from our church. It was a sweet place that has seen its share of shows. Lots of Character. I love places like that. Anyway, I got called by my guy about 6:00 and asked if I wanted to see a bluegrass show. I said sure so we headed down. He thought he knew the main band, but turns out he was mistaken. ( it was hilarious to see him request a song and it wasn't their song! priceless...) But anyway, the opening band was for sure bluegrass and I loved it! There name was The Hillbenders. They are from Springfield MO. They have a myspace here. They were probably my age and were super talented. I loved watching how fast their fingers move. Especially on the banjo and mandolin. (2 of my new favorite instruments) Anyway, the night was great. The second band came out and they were really talented, but had a different style, a little bluegrass, a little country, and little rock. The best part was there were lots of old ladies that kept dancing to them, but they had a couple irish sounding songs and a few younger ladies could do like the river dance stuff. So they got out there and did it. So after my friend had had too many beers I dared him to go out with them and dance and he did! It was amazing. I laughed so hard I cried and sweat! I wish I had a camera. But it was one of the funnest nights of laughter and music I had enjoyed in a long time. 

No comments: