Tuesday, February 17, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things

I love Mondays. Not something most people would say but my situation is different. Mondays are my day off. My Sabbath. The day I get to relax and just be. Yesterday was perhaps one of the best days I had had in a while. I was able to do several things which I love doing. First of all, I slept in. Not as late as I usually do on Mondays. Usually I can sleep till at least 1130 (on some occasions I can go till 1:30 but then I feel I wasted too much of the day) So I woke up around 10:15 yesterday. Which to me is just right. Still plenty of time in the day. Then I watched some recorded TV for a while. Another of my favorite things. I know sometimes I watch tv because I'm just lazy, but I really am a fan of television. Just like people enjoy books or jogging. I like tv. Then I made myself some lunch (food is of course another one of my favorite things) and after lunch I took a nice long hot shower. Long showers just seem to wash stress away along with everything else. They also give me a chance to practice my American Idol audition (yeah, I just sing songs imagining what I would sing if I was in front of the judges) which can make the time really fly by. Its also the time when I do the most thinking. Its always pretty random, but something about the water running over me allows my mind to just open up. After the shower I went and played a round of disc golf with my youth pastor buddies. Obviously disc golf is one of my favorite things. After that round I came back home to be there when Julie got home from school, I got to spend about an hour and a half with her, which is by far my favorite thing to do in the world! Then I went back out to the disc golf course for some Night golf. This is really fun and something I have just gotten into in the last month or two. Its really kind of a beautiful thing to see. Plus the stars were out and I hadn't looked at the stars in a while. After that I went with some of the disc golf guys to a little bar and grill and ate 75 cent tacos. Then came home and watched Chuck and Heroes. If I was going to plan the perfect day, I have to admit it would be pretty similar to yesterday. And I am thankful for a God who delights in my contentment. Knowing that while I was enjoying my day, He was enjoying me, enjoying my day, made it that much better. 

2 comments:

beau carlson said...

You play a lot of disc golf. I wish I had your drive to get off the couch and turn off the Xbox.

abby! said...

I tried to comment on this yesterday but it wouldn't let me! I love the title of this post because I was watching Sound of Music AS I was reading it. And, I liked the image of you practicing your American Idol tryout in the shower... Have a blessest day?