Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Slacker

I know I am really slacking on this blog thing. I guess I haven't really been thinking much about what I can blog about. I feel like life is sort of Ho Hum these days. Music has been on my mind a lot lately. Not like new releases or grammy stuff, but my music, or lack there of. I have figured out that I am a much better lyricist than songwriter. Or maybe I am just a hard critic of myself. But I can;t seem to find the sound to match the emotion that i want to convey. Its kind of made me frustrated lately. As you know I got my MIDI keyboard. The thing is awesome. At least I think it will be. Problem is its going to take forever to get the hang of it. I saw I guy post a youtube video that I will link below. Its him making a rap beat using garageband and the same midi controller I have. Since garageband is the only recording software i currently have this video gave me a little bit of hope. I sent the guy a message asking how he learned how to do it and what not. He told me that it ONLY took him 6 months to figure out how to do that. Its good and all, but 6 months? Crap. Well, I promised I would post some music and I will keep that promise. But since I am trying to be pretty picky with the sound I want, it may be a while.
There, there is my blog update. Hopefully I will find some motivation to write some more sooner than later. Love you guys!

No comments: