Thursday, June 11, 2009

#1


I think a few of you know about this, I have had it for a few weeks now at least. But I am #1. Meaning what you ask? Well, this may come as a surprise but I love disc golf. And I belong to the Kansas City Flying Disc Club. Which is just the KC disc golf club. I am member number 1031. So there are roughly 1100 people who have been actual members. Now, as an option in the club, you can get a bag tag. Which is just a plastic tag with a number. I started with #130. What this is for, is you play guys during disc golf league nights, and just normal rounds, for tags. So the object is to beat a guy with a better (lower) tag than you and move up the ranks in numbers. Well, as fate would have it #1 is resting in my possession. I have had it for almost a month now. I had it for about 3 weeks but during that time I was kind of injured so I couldn't play too much. I lost it last week in a private match, and then on monday night I beat the guy who took it from me and got it back. #1 is the goal of everyone who has a tag. But it is a special privilege to get it. I defended it the other night against a guy who challenged me, who honestly is a better player. I was just better that night. But I have guys challenging me all the time. and its kind of fun to be the guy everyone is gunning for. Being #1 in no way means I am the best player in KC, but it does mean that I must be pretty decent. Hopefully I can hang onto it for a little while longer. Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Joel said...

Maybe I should challenge you. Can I go from unranked to number 1? What a cinderella story that would be.

abby! said...

What a stud you are...