Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Traveling Music

So I leave for Mexico in 2 days for our summer mission trip. And I could post a ton on that, but I will wait until after the trip to give you all the details. Instead, I am going to post about how I have been going a bit crazy loading up on New Music to listen to on the trip. So I will just list all the artists and albums that I have bought the last two days. Most of them I haven't heard much of, but bought them on the recommendation of some one who's music taste I respect, or had heard a song or two and decided to give it a try. Plus I bought them all off of mp3panda.com so they were super cheap. So here they are.
Bell X1 - Blue Lights on the Runway - This is one of those that I had heard one song and liked it enough to buy the album. We'll see how I like it. Apparently they are an Irish band, but wouldn't have guessed it just hearing them. Check out their myspace and listen to the song How Your Heart is Wired. Its good stuff.
Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything to Nothing - I needed something a little edgier on this trip too.
MuteMath - Elevator Music - Super excited about this one. Thanks Cory!!!
The National - Boxer - This is one that itunes recommended to fans of Bon Iver so I thought I would give it a chance. I think it will grow on me.
Passion Pit - Manners - I have already blogged about these guys, so I figured this was a good excuse to buy their full album
Pheonix - Wolfgang Amadeus Pheonix - These guys have been talked about a lot on some well respected blogs and they are gaining popularity so I'm giving them a try
Swan Lake - Enemy Mine - A little different, but musically interesting. I am either gonna really like it, or hate it. lets hope I like it.

Thanks for checking out what i will be listening to for the next week. If there is anything else your recommend I get before I leave let me know. 

3 comments:

abby! said...

Here's my prediction. With a little effort, Phoenix's "Lisztomania" (or however you spell it) will quickly become last year's "After Tonight." You should push it on the kids and let me know how it goes.

I wish I could be there with ya'll... Have a wonderful time! Good luck with the vans. :)

Joel said...

Let me know what you think of Passion Pit and The National.

Cindy said...

I gave Becca and Lauren the VBS CD, I hope you listen to that....learn the words and actions.
AND then want to be the song leader with them!!!!
Have fun.