Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Inspiration


I have found that inspiration and implementation are two very different things. Things that I struggle finding a balance with. Allow me to explain. Inspiration comes often to me. Most times it is revolving around music. I am often inspired to write a song, or something of that sort. Other times I am inspired to lose weight, like when I watch The Biggest Loser or when I see how good my wife looks... Implementation however does not come as easily for me. Its one thing to think about doing something. Its a whole other thing to actually do it. But I have just decided to make this summer about implementation. So far i am off to a good start. I said May 7th that I wanted to lose 15lbs by the end of May. This could be the 1st time I actually followed through. And I did it! I was watching King of Queens yesterday and Doug was signing up to be in the Big Brother Program. His friend Deacon reminded him that this was "a big commitment, not like the time he said he was going to have washboard abs by Christmas." I found this especially funny, because I know I have said multiple times that I was going to lose weight, and in my head I believed I would, but I had never actually put it into action. But I finally have this time. So I am excited. 
I was also inspired this week by music. We had a concert at our church with the band Waterdeep. I'll blog about that more later. (implementation...) but it definitely inspired me to be writing more music and giving a little more effort to that. Hopefully this summer I can actually accomplish some of that. keep me on top of that would ya? Anyway. I am also trying to blog a little more this summer. So make sure you check back in often. Peace.

1 comment:

abby! said...

1. I'm so impressed that you lost the weight. 15 pounds in last than a month is pretty hardcore. You're awesome!

2. SO excited that you are going to start writing songs... (and I'm happy that my blog post inspired you... I can't wait to hear it!) Besides Julie... I may be your biggest fan!