Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blogged Down

I have been a total blog slacker. I have been pretty busy the last few weeks. I went to St. Louis to visit my family. It was a good time. The highlight was visiting the Budweiser factory. It was really cool to see. And I got to play disc golf with one of my college roommates. So that was a lot of fun. Plus playing games with the family. So a good time was had by all.
Then this past weekend I was in Branson (or as i call it "The Christian Las Vegas") with my youth group. The weather was bad. So it kinda stunk. But we still had fun, I stayed with some of the new 7th graders and it was a lot of fun to get to know those guys. And sort of initiate them into the youth group. A lot of wrestling both in the pool, and in the room. We laughed a lot so it was really good. 
Now my mind has shifted to this Saturday. Where I will be playing in my first ever Professional Disc Golf Association Tournament. I am super excited! I played league this past monday and won my division, so I am hoping to carry that winning streak on at the tournament. Plus, I am excited (this is how big of a disc golf nerd I am) that I am riding down with Kansas City's Top disc golf pros! These are the guys that will most likely win the top division. And they offered me a ride with them! Its kind of like this for me; If you were a golfer, and you just played in your area, you were ok, not great, but you loved the game of golf. And one day Tiger woods and Phil Mickelson, come up to you and ask if you want to tag along with them to the next tournament. Now I am not saying these guys are the Tiger woods of Disc Golf, But they are definitely the guys that play against him on a regular basis. So now maybe you see why I am so excited. Maybe one day I will be at their level. That would be sweet! So wish me luck. I will post again after the tournament to let you know how I do. 

1 comment:

abby! said...

Ah I'm so excited for you! You're going to have such a great time! Where is the tournament?