Thursday, January 8, 2009

High School

I just finished going through a shoe box full of notes I got in highschool. It was pretty funny. It brought back a lot of memories. But it also kind of reminded me how trivial so many things are. The funniest part was there was 1 girl who had the majority of the notes in there. We were friends who tried dating, but she was a little looney. Not really. She just liked drama. But she was an awesome musician and we were in the youth group worship band together. But we started a band together my Junior Year of Highschool called Thornburg. We played one show at a battle of the bands and won 1st place for best show or something. ( I think every band won 1st place in something) but never played another show because She quit because she thought us 3 guys in the band didn't give her the credit she deserved. Pretty funny looking back on it. Now she is in Nashville making music. 
I also found a LOT of lyrics I had written during my highschool years. Lets just say you won't be hearing them in any songs. Funny how limited my vocab was, and how cheesy all the songs were. Hopefully I have improved a bit since then.
Eureka! That just made me come up with my New Years Resolution. Make more music. And record it. I'll keep you updated on how that goes. 

2 comments:

abby! said...

Can't wait to hear it. Let me know if you want any help? I can't offer any lyrical help but I'm pretty good at singing harmony. :)

Joel said...

I want to hear it.